La Chiripada Winery is looking for a part-time Sales Assistant to work our tasting room in Dixon 2-3 days per week.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and sales-oriented person with a love of wine. Must have customer service experience, be able to work independently, and be proactive, flexible and accountable. Must also have, or be able to obtain, a server’s permit.
La Chiripada is the oldest, family-run winery in New Mexico and has been creating award-winning wines for 40 years. We have two tasting rooms – one at our winery and vineyard located in Dixon, and one on Bent Street in Taos. While this position will primarily be based at our winery in Dixon, some flexibility to work at the shop in Taos on occasion may be required.
La Chiripada provides ongoing staff training and a competitive hourly wage with sales bonuses.
To apply, please send a short resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide an enjoyable and informative wine tasting experience for our customers
- Acquire thorough knowledge of La Chiripada winery and its wines
- Present and sell over 20 wines on our tasting menu along with wine club memberships
- Work independently to run the tasting room, including art and pottery sales
- Accurately account for and report daily sales tallies
- Maintain a presentable tasting room, including restocking shelves, cleaning and other housekeeping duties
- On occasion, assist with other winery tasks such as packing wine club boxes, bottling wine, taking inventory; or work wine festivals and events
Required experience and attributes:
- Must have excellent customer-service skills including experience in hospitality
- Must be able to maintain a fast-paced, high energy environment during busy periods
- Must be able to demonstrate accountability in managing sales or finance
- Must be able to work independently and be proactive during slow periods
- Must be cooperative with good communication skills to work with all colleagues at the winery
- Requires some flexibility in duties and scheduling, including working weekends and holidays
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a server’s permit
- Must be over 21 and able to lift a 36lb case of wine
- Must maintain a professional appearance